The BBC has some great resources to help children and parents to understand the computing curriculum. Don’t forget our page on online safety which forms a big part of the computing curriculum as well. (disclaimer: We have no control over the content of external websites.)
Our computing curriculum supports the aims and objectives of National Curriculum 2014 as well as those set out in the EYFS Statutory Framework 2017.
Our intent encompases:
● Developing inquiring minds and curiosity about the development, application and use of technology
● Satisfying this curiosity with knowledge
● Engaging pupils as learners at many levels through linking ideas with practical experience
● Helping pupils to develop an understanding of computational concepts, as well as computational thinking, and apply these appropriately.
● Show pupils how major innovations in computing contribute to societal change and how this impacts both positively and negatively on our everyday lives
● Helping pupils to learn to question and discuss issues that may affect their own lives
● Helping pupils to engage with the changing technological landscape safely and with knowledge of potential pitfalls through delivery of age appropriate online safety throughout the year
● Providing cross-curricular links when relevant, particularly to give a connected curriculum.
● Offering ongoing and specific CPDL to all staff to enable them to confidently deliver aspects of the Computing curriculum.